Thursday, July 12, 2007

We're Back!

Well, the week away was fun. But it's always hard to be in someone else's house for an extended period of time. My parents are very accommodating, but being away with two small children just gets old after a while. So everyone is happy to be back in their own bed!! We did visit one HS friend who has a kid equipped house, so that was fabulous! So great, in fact, that I totally forgot to pick my husband up at the airport! What a bad wife....good thing he really didn't care. He used to work for an airline and he killed time checking out their old terminal.

The highlight of the trip was taking the kids to my childhood amusement park, Playland! Their kiddie land has lots of rides that are pretty safe....but I was still worried of course! But AM went on any ride he saw, with no fear! I reluctantly let him on the kiddie coaster (after checking the belt situation to make sure it was safe by my standards!) and he LOVED it. The funny thing is, it goes in one loop. I think the ride is about 12 seconds long. By the time I took his picture going up the big hill and I walked 50 feet back to the gates, he was finished!! I think the day was a little boring for JE, since he hardly left his stroller. But that's life being the second kid I think! Dad wanted to take him down that huge slide on the potato sack, but I didn't see any reason to do that.

We'll be making the trip again soon for a Christening for Mr.T! We can't wait!!

Oh, and here's my overriding memory of spending 8 hours in the car. AM had to go to the restroom with me MANY times on this trip. He desperately wants this question answered: "Mommy, why do you pee from your butt?" He knows enough to understand that I don't have a penis. But he can't quite comprehend what I DO have. It's especially amusing to him as he marvels at me squatting! LOL! Two things came to mind right about then: 1. I wish I had some privacy sometimes and 2. Oh, dear God, what else is he going to say out loud in this public restroom????? I told his dad he needs to go to the library and investigate the books available on the subject.

1 comment:

JC said...

why do you pee out of your butt?!! i am so scared for what will come out of Mr. T's mouth when he is older.so funny..:)