Friday, June 29, 2007

Procrastinating

I should be packing for our trip to grandma and grandpa's tonight. We're visiting for the 4th. AM has his own suitcase for the first time and he's very into it! He's the only one packed so far! YIKES! Why am I blogging right now?? This trip is measured by DVDs -- this is a 5 DVD trip! Boy do I hope they sleep in the car. Breathe deeply, breathe deeply, inhale 1...2...3.. exhale 1..2..3..4..5...

I'm trying not to take too much stuff like I always do. I am bringing a little blank journal for AM. We started a summer journal the other day. It was intended to document our summer and get him interested in reading and writing. He loves it. But he makes me draw everything. I think we'll do a mixture of mine and his, but as long as he gets the point that writing is a way of communicating and sharing ideas. He then pretends to read when he looks at the pages and tells the story! We write about the everyday things we do. I think one day when he can really read he will enjoy looking back on those memories.

Onward. We have haircuts (buzz cuts) to get, a car to pick up at the shop, and a home equity line of credit to sign for.... (Yeah, we're replacing all of our windows!) And oh yeah, packing to do!

No comments: