Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Solar Powered Boys: The Explanation

Some batteries run out. Others are rechargeable. Solar cells are very efficient and keep things running strong. Somehow my two children were born with built in solar power and they never seem to tire. Much like the super-human machine in "Terminator". My husband and I -- usually when we're at our wits end -- have been known to call them "Terminator", especially on long car rides when most any other child would have long since fallen asleep and ours are still babbling 100 miles an hour.

Having said all that, I will now give a little background on the boys. We have 4 year old AM and 15 month old JE, both born in March. They are amazing, bright, active, funny, and super cute (If I may say so myself!). They are sometimes referred to as mini-me and little-mini-me - they are clones of each other. I used to laugh at people who said they confused their children in pictures. Oh silly me. I now fully understand how that can happen, especially when they wear hand-me-downs, so you can't even judge by the outfits!!

Today marks day one of blogging because it's a very important day for me. Today was the last day teaching for the summer! So I thought it would be entertaining to tell the funny stories of our summer home together.
We said goodbye to the babysitter this afternoon, but let's be real, I'll be calling her to share funny stories and to ask her what magic meals she makes that somehow they eat for her and not for me! We'll still be seeing her every Thursday so mommy can get things done one day a week. Yeah!
Well, here's to a great summer! Stay tuned...

1 comment:

JC said...

I love your blog already. Such a smooth read. Can't wait to hear more!!